What is Qualicoder?
Qualicoder is an online system for qualitative analyses that is accessible for everybody and makes it easy to collaborate and publish your projects.
Creating a Qualicoder account is free. Every time you start a new project, you decide how much you want to pay us. From now on, qualitative analyses are accessible to everybody, even researchers with very limited resources. Once you created a project, it will remain safely on our secure servers, for free, until you delete it.
We developed Qualicoder for three reasons:
1) We think that tools for qualitative analysis should be accessible for everybody, regardless of their budget;
2) We think that it should be easy to collaborate with people who live elsewhere;
3) We think that it should be easy to publish (parts of) your analyses and your data.
In addition, we also implemented a number of other improvements to optimize the coding experience. Qualicoder was developed for coding transcribed interviews: audio, video, or rich markup are not supported. This focus enabled us to take these improvements quite far. Below, we list a number of QualiCoder features.
Selection of QualiCoder features
- To code a fragment, just click a code or use autosuggest;
- Build the coding structure in advance or on the go;
- Designate ‘blind coders’ that each create their own coding structure;
- Designate coders that are constrained to using a specified coding structure;
- Designate reviewers, who can see everything but change nothing;
- Designate transcribers who can only add and edit their own sources (when in an organisation)
- Store all data securely on our servers;
- Publish the coding structure and/or coded fragments and/or complete sources
For more information on how to use QualiCoder, please see the tutorial.